BIRMINGHAM ACCIDENT HOSPITAL

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

Located on Bath Row in the original Queens Hospital building.

It was established in April 1941, as an accident hospital to help address the increase in injuries due to the war. A new out-patients department and reception was opened 14th August 1944.

Originally known as Birmingham Accident Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre it changed its name in 1974 to the Birmingham Accident Hospital, and closed in 1995, as a listed building it is now a student accommodation complex.