HARBORNE BATHS

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

The Baths Committee acquired a plot of land in Lordswood Road in 1911. With a delay due to The Great War it was not until 13th December 1923 that the baths were opened. They were built almost identical to those at Kings Heath, and again formed part of the City’s Unemployed Relief Scheme.

The baths closed 21st February 2010, and a new leisure centre opening in 2011.

Photos taken day after closure.