MIDLAND NERVE HOSPITAL

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

The Birmingham and Midland Hospital for Diseases of the Nervous System, Paralysis and Epilepsy founded in 1914, became the Midland Nerve Hospital in 1929 was located in St James's Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham. It moved again in 1961 to a large house on Elvetham Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, becoming an 80 bedded hospital with a out-patient department.

The “Main Block” was a large Victorian/Edwardian building with wooden staircases, paneled walls, decorated ceilings, and number of leaded windows and lights

It closed in 1992, and was demolished shortly after, the site is now a hall of residence for Birmingham University.