©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

Located close to Highbury, the house was at one time the home of Arthur Neville Chamberlain.  It opened in November 1914 with 63 beds.  It closed as a hospital for non-commissioned ranks on 11th May 1917 and reopened for officers on 6th June 1917.  This hospital was run by the Red Cross and over 1500 casualties passed through its doors during the war.

It was bought in 1920 by Britannic Assurance, who replaced it with a modern office block.  This has now been converted into luxury private dwellings as part of the Britannic Park development.