NORTHWOOD STREET BATHS

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

The foundation stone for the Northwood Street Baths was laid 30th May 1861and was located on a site between Northwood Street and Kenyon Street. The building of red and blue bricks, with block stone dressings and with moulded cornice and capping. It contained a first and second class swimming pools and a large suite of private baths.

The baths was opened on 5th march 1862, and closed in 1947, as a result of being destroyed beyond repair by air raids during the war.