B.14

BIRMINGHAM…….B14

KINGS HEATH & DISTRICT

HISTORY

ROADS/STREETS

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

Featherstone Road

Horse trough Featherstone Road /Alcester Road junction was originally located at the junction of Vicarage Road and High Street and commemorated Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897.

Woodfield Road

Billesley Lane

Addison Road

“Broxash”, 67, Valentine Road

Brook Lane

Lime Kiln Lane  c1930

Coldbath Road

Woodthorpe Road

Springfield Road

Station Road

Brandwood Road

May Lane

Livingstone Road

Haunch Lane                                      Haunch Lane  Tudor Picture House

The Tudor Picture House opened on 30th March 1929 with a capacity of 1,000. It closed 17th March 1962 to become a Bingo Hall. It is now demolished and housing built on the site.