SALTLEY BATHS

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

The Baths Committee decided to build new baths in Adderley Road instead of converting the old Police building in George Arthur Road as originally planned. It contained a 100ft. swimming pool, and opened on 30th July 1924. When converted for use as a hall during the winter months Saltley Baths became one of the City’s most popular venues for dancing.