VICTORIA ROAD BATHS

©  COLIN BAKER   2007                                                                                       

Built by the Aston Local Board the baths were opened on 5th October 1892, it comprised of first and second class swimming baths and first and second class private baths for men and women. The first class swimming bath has a gallery which can accommodate several hundred spectators.

Taken over by the Baths Committee on 3rd June 1911 following Royal Assent when Handsworth, Aston Manor, Erdington, Yardley, Moseley, Kings Heath and Selly Oak became part of Greater Birmingham.